Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Beauty of Recycling

About 2 years ago I went to a jewellery making class at the local bead store in Ottawa, Sassy Beads. It was a great class where I learned basic wire work techniques, and beading techniques. It turned out to be the perfect hobby for me, because projects could often be completed in one night. As a teenager I had tried to learn embroidery and knitting, but ended up with many half finished items.

Soon I realized that my new hobby was a bit expensive. So I started asking friends if they had any broken jewellery, or items they didn't use so I could transform them. I got so many items, that I still haven't been through them all. If a piece had sentimental value, I would return it to them transformed.

Below are a few examples of what I have made by recycling jewellery.



These are two earrings, which were both missing their matching pair.
So I turned them into this necklace:

I highly recommend trying jewellery making, it's great to be able to fix jewellery as well as make it, and it can easily be done while watching t.v.

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing talent! Can't wait to see more of your designs & collections :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...